Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Alas, the Internets

Never underestimate the power of No Internet.

So in the past three weeks, my fetching girlfriend and I moved. Though generally a positive experience, this move led to an epic conflict with Verizon Wireless that came to a head at one final megalithic tectonic showdown with the Verizon Wireless loss manager, Mr. Haynes. (That's his name. He told me so.) To be brief: I won. (Sweet juicy victory!) To elaborate: we have no Internet access anymore. My fetching girlfriend, now in graduate school, is less than thrilled about this. I, too, am un-thrilled, as I have lost income as a result of being unable to write things for money on the Internet.

This has been a frontline lesson on the evils of the corporate maggots who maintain a desperate stranglehold on this nation's information access even as they live in fear that the great righteous boot of The People will one day descend upon their white, squishy bodies. (There should really be a Sesame Street episode.) But now that we have learned our lesson and appreciate how lucky we are to be vertebrates, Internet is coming back! We hope. Someday, it will arrive. Comcast says they sent it. They REALLY, REALLY SAY that they REALLY DID send it. REALLY, YOU GUYS.

Stay tuned.

Update: last night, my fetching girlfriend installed the Comcast modem that had arrived in the mail. She did this by following the instructions, a feat at which I had previously somewhat failed. Frankly, I'm not sure how I survived so long before meeting her. Anyway, Internets back! More posts soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment